Sometimes weeks just go wrong. Whether it was having to sign the accident book at my son's nursery again (he bumped his head, nose, lip... he cried) or accidentally deleting my first blog post (I didn't mean to press delete... I cried), for the last week - let's make that ten days - I've not been on a winning streak.
Consequently, I didn't think it wise to undertake some massive resource project but went back to basics. I'm quite happy with the little things I've been pottering away on and yesterday treated myself to a delicious piece of sticky toffee pudding as a reward. And then I received an email from TES saying they're running a sale from Friday 10th - Monday 13th March - 50% off! Things really are starting to look up!
Keep scrolling if you want to see what I've been up to. Links to the TES shop are in the titles.
Endangered species bundle - in the sale this has got to be the biggest bargain!
This bundle is designed for KS2 (P5-P7) and introduces pupils to ten endangered animals in French. It takes them through asking questions in the second and third person singular and answering in the first and third person singular as well as providing some basic facts about each animal. The bundle comes with:
- A fully editable PowerPoint introducing the animals and some matching activities.
- Photo flashcards for games, display or vocabulary learning.
- Labelled photo flashcards ideal for display.
- Fully editable PowerPoints on each animal introducing basic facts and how to ask and answer questions relating to these facts.
- Blank information sheets in French and English.
- Tarsia triangle on the animals.
- Vocabulary cards (three formats) and my whole list on how to use them.
- Top Trumps.
- Worksheets (anagrams, word search and identify the shadows).
- Make your own word search and crossword sheets (great to check what they've remembered).
While pandas are no longer an endangered species, having two adorable specimens just up the road means I have a soft spot for these beautiful bears. This isn't strictly language related but I couldn't let 16th March go by without dedicating a little something to them.
This resource is great if you're thinking about a class project and you can sponsor a panda with the WWF from just £36 a year. This bundle comes with:
- A PowerPoint with basic facts about giant pandas, information on adopting a panda and fundraising ideas.
- Short and snappy "Is it a panda or is it a cat?" PowerPoint game.
- Four worksheets covering various abilities (complete the fact sheet, counting and colouring activity, word search and crossword).
- Panda mask template for pupils to decorate as imaginatively as possible.
Great as a homework task or something more lighthearted when all the tests are out of the way, these research sheets provide structure to the task and would make a great display:
With 50% off I hope I've given you something to whet your appetite and treat yourself. And you have my full permission to go for that piece of sticky toffee pudding too!